Monday, September 8, 2008

Part Of That World

Maybe he's right. Maybe there is something the matter with me. I just don't see how a world that makes such wonderful things, could be bad.

Look at this stuff. Isn't it neat? Wouldn't you think my collection's complete. Wouldn't you think I'm the girl. The girl who has everything. Look at this closet. Clothes unfold. How many wonders can one dresser hold. Looking around here you'd think, sure, she's got everything. I've got headbands and bracelets a plenty. I've got wedges and Free People galore. You want Kenzie shoes? I got twenty. Hah. But who cares. No big deal. I want more.

I want to be, where the city lives. I want to see, wanna see them shopping. Walking around on those, what do you call them? Oh, stilettos. Haha. Walking to class you don't get so far. Backpacks are required for books and backaches. Strolling along down the, what's that word again? Soho street. Up where they spend. Up where they shop. Up where they stay all day in Tiffany's. Wandering free. WIsh I could be. Part of that world.

What would I give, if I could live away from Peoria. WHat would I pay, to spend a day in France. Betcha in Italy, they'd understand. Bet they don't reprimand their daughters. Bright young women. Sick of slummin. Ready to spend. I'm ready to know what the designers know. Ask them my questions and get some answers. What's their desire? And how do I learn. When's it my turn. Wouldn't I love. Love to explore Bergdorf Goodman. Out of Peoria. Wish I could be. Part of that world.

Sigh.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

xx kathleen

No comments: