Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I Don't Take No for an Answer

I called the English Department and the bitchy secretary was rude. 

KT: "I'm sorry, did I offend you in any way?"

B.S. (Bitchy Secretary): "Um, no... BUT I'M TELLING YOU THERE IS NOTHING I CAN DO ABOUT IT .. BLABLABLALAA..."

KT (interrupts): "That is fine, I understand you do not have the authority to put me in a class that is already full and wait listed but you do not have to be rude about it.  Thank you and have a nice day."

Click.  


Then I called the teachers. And when they didn't respond. I emailed them. Only one emailed me back telling me her classes were full and there wasn't enough computer space.

Ok fine.

On to the next professor. Robert DeGise. 

He calls me back and we chat. I persuade him with my awesome argumentative skills and he sympathizes for me. He cannot put me into an already beyond full class but tells me to contact the Chairmen of the English department. 

Which I do 2 minutes later.

Again, use my wit and charm and sure enough... after some persistence on his end ... he ends up putting me in the class I wanted.

WHOOHOO.

Today is a great day. 


xx


No comments: